Monday, March 29, 2010

Basic Training... It Starts With A Heart Condition

This weekend, at DNOW, God was just everywhere! From Friday night playing dodgeball, to the last worship service of intense convictions and the awesome presence of our Maker! Man it was so blessed! 

Cassie and I co-lead the 7th grade girls group. Coming into the weekend we were both unsure as to what to expect. Freshman girls thought we were probably the coolest thing since sliced bread, but we had no idea what a bunch of middle schoolers would think. They said we were the coolest people they had ever met and wanted to hang out with us all the time! Such a blessing and so humbling to have a group of eight thirteen year old girls that hung on every word we said. 

One of our sessions was on the importance of baptism. I was kind of blowing through the lesson really fast, thinking they wouldn't really care and they just wanted to eat lunch. As I was going through it, I noticed the look of intense concentration on what I was saying. At the end of it I told them to come talk to Cassie or myself if they felt they wanted to get baptized. 4 our of my 8 girls came and talked to me and confessed they wanted to take the next step in their walk and follow in believers baptism. It was truly humbling to see these young girls have such faith in such an unshakable God!!

Saturday Night, we stayed up far too late prank calling people. I know, it's really immature, but it brought so much joy to them. Not that calling people was the joy, but just spending time with each other. One of them even told me they had never felt any older girls would ever want to hang out with them. I know it meant so much to them that we were just in the same room as them! Such a blessing to my heart!!

I could talk all day about what an awesome time we had at DNOW this year! I pray those girls would keep the fire going, and make a difference in their schools!

In other news, I fracture my foot about two weeks ago and I'm just now getting it taken care of... really good idea! It just makes me laugh at this point! I hope you guys are having an incredible Monday! I love you all more than you know!
Forever His,
EmilyJo





No comments:

Post a Comment