Sunday, November 29, 2009

Lead Me to the Cross

The other day, I was riding around with my family, enjoying the few precious moments that we all actually get to spend altogether, all of us. We were deep in conversation about Andrew's latest bathroom stories and who has the worst farts, when I looked out the window and noticed something in the sky that I've never really appreciated before. The sky was overcast and gloomy and I noticed that this huge beautiful sky that was so delicately placed had merged with some distant city lights creating an orange color. I never noticed the merging of the two worlds. Something that man created, making something that God created breathtaking. I don't know, it was just so beautiful and such an awesome reminder of Christ's willingness to allow us to be His hands and His feet. It was incredible

In other news, everyone needs to look up the song "Lead Me to the Cross" by Hillsong United.

"Lead me to the cross where Your love poured out.
Bring me to my knees, Lord I lay me down.
Rid me of myself I belong to You.
Lead me to the cross."
Man, I'm so praying that Christ leads me to the cross this week. That He reminds me of my purpose and His love for me. I hope you and yours had an awesome Thanksgiving! I'm so sad it's over, and I'm SO not ready to get back to the real world tomorrow! I love you all more than you know!
Forever His,
EmilyJo

No comments:

Post a Comment