Thursday, December 24, 2009

...There's Just Somethin About That Name...

I've been hearing a lot about worry and doubt these days, mainly from myself. As you might have read in earlier posts, I've been so confused as to what my future holds. Now that I've finally picked a major, after 4 very long years, I'm super excited. But now what? Will I stay here? Will I make new friends in my new department? Will I have the money to pay my car payment this month? Will I get to go to Africa? Will I.... All these doubts and all these worries are completely legit, completely understandable, and completely dumb! Who am I to question the God of the universe? This huge perfect God that cared enough for me and you to plan so delicately put into place. I get so frustrated with myself thinking about all this things, when really I just need to rely on Him for all the answers that I need and all the comfort I could use!



"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the Peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus" Philippians 4:6-7

I know I've blogged about it before, but it's a subject that so relates to just about everyone.



Another subject that's been on my mind a lot is the snow. Who would have thought it would snow, not only once, but three times in Frisco, TX in a span of two weeks?! It was truly a Christmas surprise, and possibly a miracle! As I watched the snow fall from somewhere too high for me to fathom, to the ground I noticed just how beautiful and pure it is. I began to think about God and just who He is, who I'm not, and everything His grace covers to make good again. It's amazing how much I can mess things up! I take things into my own hands, and make them even messier, but, just like the snow, God covers all that is ugly and wrong, then everything melts and it's all washed away and you get to start all over again. I'm just so in awe of Him today. Man what an awesome God we serve!!
Well, that's all I have for today! Sorry if I'm all over the place! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas! I'll be talking to you real soon!
Forever His,
EmilyJo

No comments:

Post a Comment