Friday, January 1, 2010

To those who hurt...

It seems like all you hear these days is about a world that's falling apart. I'm sitting here, watching the news, and I keep finding myself wanting to change the channel, but I can't bring myself to do it. A little boy was killed in a house fire, a mobile home park has been without water for weeks, terrioists... the list goes on and on and the one thing they all have in common is hurt. A great friend of mine lost her brother-in-law just yesterday. He was married to her sister for a year.



The question that always comes to mind when tragedy strikes is "Why?". Why did this happen? Why us? Why them? Then the questions of "what?" comes along. What did I do to deserve this? What happened to for richer or poor? What happens now?



Grieveing, though it comes in many forms, can be solved in one way. Relying on Christ. I know, I know, easier said than done! Man, sometimes it's just so easy to turn to other things, for example, drinking. How much easier is it to just surrender to Christ, and let Him take care of everything? Jesus says,



"Come to me all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."
Matthew 11:28.


So if Jesus says to come, why don't we come? Why don't we run? If I had a nickel for every time someone told me to rely on Christ for something, I would be rich! I'm so stubborn sometimes! I want to figure things out on my own. I want to feel accomplished when I figure something out. I want the attention to be on me. No thanks, God! I've got this one! So many of us have this mentality. You know, the one where we keep Jesus in a little box only to be taken out when we REALLY need Him, when we feel guilty or just can't get it together. Who are we to put restrictions on God? "No God! Last time I gave you control, it didn't turn out the way I wanted, so this time, I'm doing it! I can live without you! I can make my own decisions!" I wish I could tell you I've never even thought these words. I wish I could say I didn't know this lesson from experience, but I do. I, like most, have been through my share of hard times, and yet I still never learn.


I guess what I'm trying to say, is run! Run to Him as fast as you can, let Him pick you up, hold you, and send you down a path that is better. So, if this finds you hurting or angry or frustrated at your current situation, I challenge you to run! He's so worth it.


I hope you're doing well. I love you all more than you know!
Forever His,

EmilyJo

No comments:

Post a Comment