Sunday, January 17, 2010

Disturb us, Lord

Disturb us, O Lord
when we are too well-pleased with ourselves
when our dreams have come true because we
dreamed too little, because we sailed too close to the shore.

Disturb us, O Lord
When with the abundance of things we possess,
we have lost our thirst for the water of life
when, having fallen in love with time,
we have ceased to dream of eternity
and in our efforts to build a new earth,
we have allowed our vision of Heaven to grow dim.

Stir us, O Lord
to dare more boldly, to venture into wider seas
where storms show Thy mastery,
where losing sight of land, we shall find the stars.

In the name of Him who pushed back the horizons of our hopes and invited the brave to follow.
Amen.



This morning, on my to church at 7:30 the world was covered in fog. As I drove, thinking to myself just how early it was, and how I got a total of two hours of sleep last night and how I wasn't ready to sing this morning. And then I realized that I couldn't even see the cars around me due to the fog that seemed to be swallowing everything in its path. I couldn't see the stop light until I was right on it, and I began to get scared. I was so busy worrying about silly things instead of the road and instead of what was happening around me. It reminded me of how often I let the fogs of this life engulf me and take me off course. How many times have gotten comfortable in that fog and didn't really care to see what was around me, so my prayer today is that God would disturb me. That I would not let myself get comfortable in this life.

Anyways, just a thought! School starts back up this week... I'm a little nervous... I feel like I'm in 7th grade all over again! I love you all more than you know!
Forever His,
EmilyJo

No comments:

Post a Comment