Monday, March 8, 2010

I Must Become Less

This past weekend our church had our High School Disciple Now Weekend! The weekend had a Basic Training theme where we learned that all basic training must start with your heart condition. The retreat started off crazy! We met our girls and hung out for a little bit and then off to midnight dodge ball. It was so funny to see these freshmen girls try to hide from the shots of the senior boys. They were so scared, and I can't lie, I was too! Those boys sure can throw a dodge ball! Staying up until 4:00 in the morning was brutal, but it made me feel like I was in high school all over again! Those girls were a HUGE blessing to me!

The last night of worship, the speaker had an alter call. He gave three different reasons to come to the alter. One being if you feel the tug to join the mission field. I noticed one of my girls up there, so I went to pray with her. I asked her what was up and this is what she said..."I want to share Jesus with everyone in the world, Emily!". So I asked her if she felt she was being called to do mission work and she replied, "I'm not sure, but I want to start with the kids at my school!". As I prayed over this precious girl, I was so challenged by her readiness to pursue our living God. She asked me to pray that God would help her to have strength to talk to her friends. It made me reevaluate my life. Am I that urgent to reach the people around me? Am I willing to be as obedient as her? I was so challenged by the faith of this beautiful 14 year old girl!

Man, God is so good huh? I just got back from a week in Nashville, so be expecting some posts about it! It was an awesome vacation!! I hope you're all having a great and relaxing spring break! I love you all more than you know!
Forever His,
EmilyJo

No comments:

Post a Comment