Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Plea

Father teach me just how to die
For I fear my will has grown too strong
Strip away my false humility, and grant that I boast solely in the cross

Father teach me just how to die
For my ears love to hear praise from men
Take my drive to be recognized and grant that my life only point to You

You're worthy, the only one who's worthy
Jesus You are worthy, worthy
Father teach me just how to die Forgive me when I think you owe me something Instill God fear within my bones. Lord I surrender, I am Yours
You are worthy, the only one who's worthy,
Jesus you are worthy, worthy
~Branch


This song was recently introduced to me as "something I can totally hear you singing!" from a good friend of mine. I just love the lyrics. "Father teach me just how to die. Forgive me when I think you owe me something...". It just reminds me our how selfish I can be in thinking that God owes me anything. He doesn't and I don't deserve anything, however He gives generously and lovingly. What an awesome God we serve!

I hope you guys are having awesome weeks! God is so good! I can't believe the amazing support I've gotten from you about Romania! You guys are making this trip something amazing.. thank you so much for being involved in what the Lord is doing! Have a wonderful rest of the week.. it's almost Friday! I love you all more than you know!
Forever His,
EmilyJo

No comments:

Post a Comment