Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I Need Grace...

I know you have all been on the edge of your seats anticipating my next post... well here you go, Aunt Debbie! My most faithful follower! Sorry it has been so long. I don't know where the time has gone, but I would really love to find it and get some back!

As I've been seeking Christ through planning out my summer, I've noticed one thing I've been lacking for quite some time. My eyes have been sown shut. Not by a hurtful past, not by a loser friend, but through my own willingness and desire to stay in my own bubble. I want to plan my life out the way I see it happening. Meet someone at 23, get degree at 24, settle down at 25. But the beauty of His grace is He doesn't care what is "normal". He doesn't care where my friends or family think I should be or think I should be doing. God's plan is so much greater than all the silly ones I come up with!

Speaking of summer plans, I would love to share mine! Next week I'm taking an awesome group of 4th grade girls to GA Camp. I'm a little nervous, but I'm so excited to be an example to them and to learn from them as well! Our trip to Romania is coming up so fast! I'm sooo not ready! But when you answer the call to go, He prepares you! I'm asking that you guys would commit to praying for both trips. Pray that the Holy Spirit would go before us and create a way. Pray that the Lord would be glorified in our small efforts to exalt His name. Pray that He would meet us both at GA Camp and Romania. I have a prayer guide for our Romania trip. I would love to send you a copy. Shoot me an email if you're interested!

I know this post was kind of all over the place, but I promise they will get better! I'll post about more ways to pray for Romania soon! I promise... and plan to keep that promise this time! I hope your summer is going well, and I hope you can see His grace today!

I love you all more than you know!
Forever His,
EmilyJo

1 comment:

  1. Emily,
    I love you so much and am so proud of you! You are truly following Jesus' command to "go, teach all nations" and you are becoming a "fisher of men". Don't worry about your plans instead remember that God has a plan for you. Your dreams and ambitions will become reality, sooner and better than you can possibly imagine when you put your trust in HIM. I love you, Aunt Debbie

    ReplyDelete