Sunday, July 18, 2010

I can't do this alone, God I need you to hold onto me...

So the more I think about Romania, and the more I tell people about it, the more my heart is just burdened. I mean, it was such an awesome trip full of laughs and inside jokes. But our purpose of going there was to shine His light to the people of Constanta. I truly believe we accomplished that. However, the images of the children begging on the streets and the doors that were slammed in our faces when we tried to tell them the good news haunt me. The hardest part of the visitations was walking away from an angry resident, knowing they were going to hell. Knowing that could have been their last chance to accept this free gift of life. Knowing they would never feel the joy I feel. How can you walk away from that experience and not be moved?

The other parts I dwell on are the faces of Bhara and her family. I don't even need to look at the pictures. They're permanently in my memory. Sad children, losing hope, abused with no one and no where to call home. I feel so guilty being home with my loving family, in our nice home with AC and my nice car while they struggle to survive. I know our God is sovereign, so my prayer is that He would reign. I pray, that against all odds, those precious children would grow up to be godly men and women that strive for change. That long to see their family and community open their eyes to what God has done and will do.

This trip has touched me on a different level than any of the other trips I've been on. I can't explain it, I just know God has something big planned for Constanta, Romania. I fervently pray that the seeds we planted would be used to better His kingdom, that our work was not done in vain and that He was completely glorified through our efforts.

Thank you a million times over again if you committed to praying for our team! We felt those prayers all the way in Romania, and I thank you for that! It feels so good to know I have such an awesome support team behind me. I ask that you would continue to pray for Constanta. Especially for Bhara's family. I pray your hearts would be burdened for them as well.

Now, how can I pray for you guys? I want to return the favor, so to speak! I hope you guys have an awesome week! I love you all more than you know!
Forever His,
EmilyJo

No comments:

Post a Comment