Saturday, July 3, 2010

FINALLY HERE!

After 13 hours in the air and 3 hours in a van, we have arrived in Constana, Romania. The flight was a little rough for most of us. I think the excitement and anticpation mixed an uncomfortable plane loaded with strangers wasn't the best of combinations, but we made it! I don't think I've ever been so happy to walk around! Driving in was beautiful, well the parts I was actually awake for! There were fields and fields of bright yellow sunflowers. It was so refreshing!

Tonight we are just taking it easy in our hotel. We've been traveling over a day so some R&R is greatly appreciated! Tomorrow we have an easy day. We're worshipping with a Romanian church in the morning and then coming back for their evening service, where Troy will be bringing the word. Won't you pray with us? Pray for open ears and open hearts. Pray the language barrier would somehow disappear!

I can't believe we are actually here! We drove by a lot where a family is living. It's a gravel lot with three ladies and fourteen children who got kicked out of their home. Tomorrrow we will get to go meet them. Poverty is everywhere and we only got to see a glimpse of it!

Prayer Requests:
  • Plenty of rest!!
  • Renewed spirits and attitudes for tomorrow!
  • If you didn't already know, I left the states sick and it's proving to be a bit of a hindrence. Just pray for healing and that I could just forget about how I feel.

Praise Him for a safe journey!!

Our team memebers are Troy, Todd, Autumn, Boots, Shelly, Rick, Patti, Pam, Cindy, Sandy, Greg, Angie, Roger, Mike and Myself. Please pray for each of us speifically knowing God has a very different plan for each of us while we are here!

I'm about to crash for the night! I'll update everyone more tomorrow! Thank you all for the prayers and supports! I love you all more than you know!
Forever His,

EmilyJo

PS- My computer is in Romanian right now, so spell check says everything is mispelled and my brain is way too fried to adjust any errors! Sorry! haha O and there's a radio in the shower...no big deal!

1 comment:

  1. I am praying for you all. I SO proud of you. I know God will use you to accomplish something awesome! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete