Monday, July 5, 2010

That's the Power of the Cross

Today was our first full day of ministry. I heard the visitng team had an incredible day, but I can only really speak of the experiences I had with my team at the Day Center. We got to sleep in an extra hour than the visitng team.. it was glorious! We went down to the day center to get ready for the day. Around noon all the kids had shown up. Praise the Lord there were 16 kids in attendance. It was a trying day with the kids. Most of them come from pretty violent homes and didn't understand the concept of a hug. For them, touching is only in mean ways.

There is one family we are helping out with that lives on a vacant lot. There are 13 kids and 3 adults. The have made a shelter our of tarp and any spare materials. One of the mothers bites her kids faces when they are bad. There is also supicision of sexual abuse. CPS has been called, tomorrow could be the day they get taken away. It's a really rough situation. I wish I could tell you more. Just pray for Bhara's family. She is a 12 year old girl now expected to be the mom of 12 kids.

Tomorrow our teams switch responsiblities. I'm excited to share my experiences with you guys.

Prayer Requests
  • PLENTY of rest tonight!
  • Boldness to share God's word without hesistation and fear!
  • Positive attitudes and willing and flexible hearts!

I'm so sorry this is so short. We have very long days here and my bed is calling my name! Thank you for all your prayers and support!

I love you all more than you know!

Forever His,

EmilyJo

No comments:

Post a Comment