Thursday, September 10, 2009

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."
Matthew 11:28
I'm not going to lie to you guys, I'm exhausted! I feel like I'm running on empty and scrapping the bottom of the barrel for a little extra energy. So here I sit, in class at 8:27 in the evening longing to be back at home, resting, talking with my family and possibly watching FRIENDS. The last thing I want to do is sit in this class for another hour and a half. My feet hurt, my head is pounding and my spirits are low. But Jesus says,"Come and I will give you rest!". What a beautiful picture. I think it's such an awesome reminder of what God can be for us. When we're caught up in the craziness of life and we're exhausted beyond belief, we can find rest and comfort in His arms. But I have to ask, are we so busy with life that we forget to include God in it? Do we serve Him leftovers because we can bare the thought of staying up a minute later to say a prayer or to open the word? Is our life so busy that we don't notice God knocking on our front doors to come in for dinner? Between school and work and trying to have a social life, who has time? Maybe it's time we make time, to rest and to be still before the Lord. To let Him embrace you, captivate you and give you rest.
"The LORD protects the simplehearted; when I was in great need, he saved
me. Be at rest once more, O my soul, for the LORD has been good to you.
For you, O LORD, have delivered my soul from death, my eyes from tears, my feet
from stumbling" Psalm 116:6-8
Find rest in Him today. Let Him hold you. Let Him captivate you! Just breathe... the week is almost over! I love you all more than you know!
Forever His,
EmilyJo

No comments:

Post a Comment