Friday, September 11, 2009

In My Place


In my place, He stood condemned
He Who knew no sin became sin for
us. That we might become, His righteousness

Bearing all my sin and shame
The punishment and blame He conquered
the grave. That we might become, the heirs of grace


In my place, Jesus died
The spotless Lamb laid down His life
The wrath of God was satisfied
In my place, Jesus died


Nail pierced hands, Bleeding side, His body bruised, My God
crucified. A crown of thorns, Dying cries, His flesh was torn, My God
crucified. Hallelujah, What a Savior!
-Michael Bleecker

I really don't think this song needs much else. I was challenged today but how drastically different my life would be if I woke up thinking about Him and all He could possibly mean to me for the day, instead of trying to keep my life together for the day? Maybe instead of cursing the alarm clock, we lay in bed and pray thanking God for another day to live and asking Him for an awesome day. I know I don't do that enough!

I hope your week went by smoothly! And I hope the Lord was awesome to you! Rest up... it all starts again on Monday! Have a great weekend! I love you all more than you know!

Forever His,

EmilyJo

No comments:

Post a Comment