Monday, September 28, 2009

Just because, He's God!

"When I come into His presence, I humble myself.
I lift up both my hands, and I begin to worship Him.
I worship Him, for what He's done for me.
Redeemed and set me free.
And because... just because... He's God"

Just because He's God! Yeah He's all these other wonderful things coming from an infinite list of amazing things that don't do justice to His abundant grace and unfailing love, all we really need to know is that He's God. Just because His grace is enough. Just because He's sufficient. Just because His perfection covers my flaws. Just because He makes me beautiful. Just because He never leaves my side. Just because He gives second and third and fourth chances. Just because I don't deserve Him. Just because...
He's God
I had choir practice today, and we were singing the song quoted above. I began to think about all the things that I label God to be. He's my best friend, my husband, my savior, my comforter, my defender, my strength. All these things are great and wonderful, but often I forget that Him being God is all I really need. He's God and I'm not, therefore He makes all things and all situations dripping with everything He is and everything I'm not. How awesome is our God?
I hope you're letting Him be your everything today! I love you all more than you know!
Forever His,
EmilyJo

No comments:

Post a Comment