Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I need You, Jesus, to come to my rescue

"Turn your ear to me, come quickly to my rescue; be my rock of refuge, a strong fortress to save me." Psalm 31:2
I've been so captivated and obsessed with the idea of God rescuing me. Who am I that the God of the universe would choose to recue me? It doesn't matter how many times I screw up or go the wrong way, He welcomes me with open arms and we start off right where we left off. He's rescued me from destruction and pain. I can't wrap my mind around. Today, I spent a couple hours trying to find a good reason that He would do such a selfless thing, and the only answer I could come up with was His love for us. Everything comes back to that doesn't it? He loved us enough to live, to die and to rise, saving me from having to pay for my own sins. I'm so enthralled by His willingness to always rescue me! What an awesome God we serve!
I know this is a short post, but what more needs to be said really? He always comes to our rescue! I hope your week is getting off to a great start! I love you all more than you know!
Forever His,
EmilyJo

No comments:

Post a Comment