Sunday, August 23, 2009

And So it Begins...

Whatever happened to the days where the first day of school was one we looked forward to all summer? Getting the perfect new outfit, the coolest school supplies and praying relentlessly that at least one of our friends was in the same class as us? Now that I'm in my, what is hopefully, last full year of college (I know! It's about time!) I find myself dreading the alarm going off in the morning. Don't get me wrong, I love the 8:00AM Geology class just as much as the next guy, but where did all the excitement go?



This idea of excitement about big things in life can really be compared to our walk with Christ. Just go with me for a minute! How often do we do our quiet times, but only to mark it off our very long to-do list? Or maybe you don't do it but say you did. I shamefully fall into both categories, and more so these days for unexplainable reasons. I have no excuse! The Creator of the ENTIRE universe yearns to spend time with me, and all I do is blow Him off. How low can a girl get?? We are so busy and so caught up in life and the things we don't want to do or the things we have to do, like my 8:00AM Geology class, that God takes the back burner, only to be forgotten until I finally get to bed and say a little prayer and fall asleep. I have got to clean up my act! He is worth so much more than my excuses!!


I'm making a promise to you guys right here and now. It's time for me to get serious about my walk with Christ. I will update every day with what God is teaching me. I challenge you to do the same!

"So let God work his will in you. Yell a loud no to the Devil and watch him scamper. Say a quiet yes to God and he'll be there in no time. Quit dabbling in sin. Purify your inner life. Quit playing the field. Hit bottom, and cry your eyes out. The fun and games are over. Get serious, really serious. Get down on your knees before the Master; it's the only way you'll get on your feet." -James 4:7-10 (The Message)

For all of you going back to school, good luck on your first day! For those of you with kids going back to school, give them an extra kiss and have some cookies waiting for when they get home (believe me, they'll need it!) It's going to be a great day, Geology and Algebra and all!

PS- Aaron and Kandace, I told you I would update today!

I love you all more than you know!
Forever His,

EmilyJo

No comments:

Post a Comment