Sunday, August 30, 2009

I'm so unworthy, but still you love me!

In the previous post, I referred to Isaiah 40:26. Let's back track and start in verse 12. The heading of this section, according to The Message, is "The Creator of All You Can See or Imagine". I could write about that heading alone for days, but if you read the chapter it begins asking the questions of who created the moon and the stars. I'm SO captivated by this idea of an enormous God, "who has scooped up the ocean in his two hands..." (vs. 12), would want everything to do with me. It doesn't matter where I've been or what I've done, He still loves me even more than He did yesterday. In the recent months, as most of you may know, I've been having a bit of an identity crisis. Not referring so much as to who I am, but rather where I fit. Where is the EmilyJo shaped hole, and why can't I seem to find it? I find myself being brought to tears out of pure and utter frustration trying to figure it out on my own.

Tonight, in bible study, we were talking about 2 Corinthians 1:3-11 where it talks about if we rely on Christ for comfort then He'll grant us the comfort we need, so we may comfort others. God began to reveal a different side of Him from the one I'd been seeking. Don't get me wrong, I firmly believe that God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow, but I don't think He always has to be this huge, untouchable being up in the sky. Today He showed me that He can be small, sitting right next to me with His arms around me, singing gently into my ear telling me it's going to be ok. I find such beauty in this, that this HUGE God would want to romance me and to dance with me, how captivating! I may not know what's coming up next, or how I'm even getting there, but I know comfort will be in abundance and wisdom will be right next to it. I don't know, maybe I just need rely on Him and embrace everything I'm not, everything He is, and everything His grace covers to make good.

...I wish there was such thing as "Doubt-Be-Gone"! I could spray it all over myself and all of the sudden I'm equipped with enough confidence to make decisions. But "Doubt-Be-Gone" wouldn't be necessary if I just had faith... We'll talk more tomorrow!...

I hope everyone had an awesome and restful weekend! Ready or not, Monday is on its way! I love you all more than you know!
Forever His,
EmilyJo

No comments:

Post a Comment