Monday, August 31, 2009

"Doubt-Be-Gone" coming soon to an over priced department store near you!

Would I be right in assuming it would be ignorant to say we don't all struggle with doubt every day? It can be little things like doubting you'll get to work on time or if you have enough money in your bank account to pay rent. It could also be life changing and enormous. Where do I go next? Can I really trust him? Where do I fit? Will God provide?

Go with me to Matthew 14 where Jesus walks on water. Peter is crying out for proof of who Christ is. (Total side note- if a being was WALKING ON THE WATER claiming to be Jesus, why, in the name of all that's holy, would you be so bold as to question it?? Peter has problems!) Jesus calls Peter to the water and he begins to walk towards him, until he gets nervous and starts to sink and Jesus says after rescuing him:

"You of little faith," he said, "why did you doubt?"
How true is that question for us today? I mean I don't know about you, but God hasn't really called me to walk on any bodies of water lately, but I'm am so guilty of doubting God's plans for me. Like I mentioned yesterday, I'm doubting where I belong and how I fit. I hate the feeling of just blending in and being lost in a sea of nameless faces. But at the same time I hate doubting. I have so many questions and doubts about where my life is and where it should be going, when in reality all I have to do is get down on my knees and ask for guidance. Why do we always get so caught up in our laundry list of doubts to even realize how much easier life could really be if we would just seek?
"Have faith in God," Jesus answered. "I tell you the truth, if
anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not
doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done
for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you
have received it, and it will be yours." Mark 11:22-24
I guess all we really need to do is seek and be ready for an answer. Know who you are, know who you serve and know where you're going. All else will simply fall into place
I hope your week got off to an awesome start! I love you all more than you know!
Forever His,
EmilyJo

No comments:

Post a Comment