Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Just the Facts

Not very many people know where Estonia is or even that it existed before I brought it up, so I thought I would share a few facts about the country.


The capital of Estonia is Tallin.
There are over 130,000 folk songs that originated from Estonia
The city of Tartu, where we will be staying, is home to 101,092.00 inhabitants
Estonia is west of Russia and borders the Baltic Sea
Estonia gained FULL Independence in 1991
The Estonian flag is one horizontal blue stripe on top of a black stripe
Estonia is one of the fastest growing economies in the world
Estonia has over 1,400 lakes
Estonia has one of the highest level of irreligious individuals in the world


Pretty interesting stuff here! I can't wait to actually experience the culture. If you get a chance google pictures of Estonia... it is gorgeous!!


I hope all is well! I love you all more than you know!


Forever His,
Emily Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment