Saturday, June 20, 2009

Love is Kind

When I think about kindness a few things come to mind, one of them being a smile. I've always loved the quote "Smile, it makes people wonder what you're thinking about". Do you know how many lives would be changed if all of us walked around with a smile on our face? If instead of honking at the slow driver in the fast lane who is probably close to 80 years old and has no business on the highway, we simply pass them and smile. What if we smile at the check out girl at Kroger? Or smile to the bank teller who isn't quite understanding what you need? The world could use a little more kindness.

Another thing that comes to mind are "Random Acts of Kindness". It's something that we always hear about and think about but never do. I'm not talking about going over to your grandma's house just to help her across the street even if she's perfectly content in her recliner where she has been stationed for days only getting up to go to the bathroom. I'm talking about opening doors for someone with an arm load of bags, or letting someone cut in front of you at the grocery store, or when you see a woman walking, talking on the phone and digging in her purse for her keys when everything is falling out, why couldn't we take 2.9 seconds to pick up the lonely lip gloss on the floor?

If we love God and love people. we must practice kindness wherever we go. Putting someone down using our speech is a sorry excuse for a wasted action that could have been used to encourage.

Not that I'm perfect or to say I don't love to hear the latest gossip, but I really think kindness is almost extinct in our culture today. I'm so thankful God is kind. He always knows how to brighten my day and He always knows my heart and yet loves me more today than He did yesterday.

I challenge you to smile ALL day today. Use kind words. God will bless it!


I love you all more than you know!
Forever His,
Emily Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment