Monday, June 22, 2009

Just a Side Note!

So I wanted to take a break from talking about what love is to talk about something that God has really laid on my heart in the past few weeks. In our college Sunday School class we're going through the book "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan. The book describes what it truly means to be in love with Christ. It's an incredible book, but I'll warn you that if you don't like feeling convicted you shouldn't pick it up!

In one of the chapters, Chan brings up a very challenging question. If God were to come into my house today and say "Emily. I need you to give up your car, your friends and family and everything else you love and go to Russia (or any other country) and serve me. You will never see any of your family and friends again, but I'm all you need". The question would be if I would be willing to give up everything to further His Kingdom or would I say "You know, God, I'm perfectly ok with my life here. I think I'm going to pass on your offer, but thanks for asking!"? I would love to say I would pick the first response and go where He sends me.

I'm not saying God is going to call us to leave everything and never come back again, but are we willing to lose it all to gain something greater? That's something God has really been speaking to me about so I thought I would share!


Happy Monday! I love you all more than you know!
Forever His,
Emily Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment